Service Procedures, and Terms and Conditions.
Please make sure you have read these carefully. Signing the service agreement gives consent to these terms.
- Please allow ample time for discussion of your work. Your experience will be far better if sufficient time is taken to clarify your expectations. If you would like to make an enquiry, please use the contact form. If you would prefer me to email me directly, please be sure to include the following information.
- If you would like to request a sample to edit, please send a five-page (1500 words) sample of the work to be edited. Sample edits are £20.00 GBP each and will be refunded as a credit on the final invoice if you choose to go ahead. Acceptance of the sample edit service by no means obligates you to take the process further. Please allow 24 hours for me to complete this service.
- If you would like to make an enquiry, please use the contact form. If you would prefer me to email me directly, please be sure to include the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your contact details.
- The length and nature of your document.
- The service you wish to commission me for.
- The deadline by which you would like the work completed.
- A written briefing detailing what you would like me to look for and the level of intervention required. If you do not have one, I can provide a form.
- UK/AUS/US English?
- Be sure to mention any offers or referral discounts at this point so I can apply them to the final quote.
- Once deadlines and pricing have been agreed upon, I will draw up a service agreement. This will be sent by email as a signed PDF. If you prefer to receive it as a hard copy, rather than in electronic format, please let me know. Please sign the final page and return it to me by email.
DISCOUNTS AND REFERRALS
Students get 10% off as standard. If you have previously given me a successful referral, you get 5% off.
- Once they are signed, contracts are final and binding, and you will be liable for all costs specified within (deposit, sample edit). Please refer to the grounds for termination of the service agreement. Cancellation within three weeks of the project commencement date will incur a further fee.
- Work will begin once the deposit has been received and all paperwork is in order.
- By signing the Service Agreement, you are indicating that agree to abide by the full terms and conditions therein. Once signed, terms of the Service Agreement are not negotiable.
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting an enquiry, the author is confirming that they have read and understood these Terms and Conditions. All of my rates are industry standard and are available from the main website.
- All quotations are valid for a total of three calendar months unless otherwise discussed.
- This editor requests editorial acknowledgement on all published works unless otherwise stated.
- Be aware that this service does not offer to ghostwrite or provide essay writing services.
Acceptance of Work
- AnnaProofing reserves the right to decline work and cancel projects or negotiations should the expectations of the client prove to be unreasonable.
- AnnaProofing takes no responsibility for any changes made by the client after the completion of the project. The client is aware that all changes are suggestions only. You are under no obligation to accept suggested changes but the decision to reject changes does not affect your obligation to abide by the terms of the signed Service Agreement.
- Edited work will be returned in the format in which it was edited (A word document, with normal margins, 12pt sans-serif font unless a house style-guide is specifically referred to in the briefing (I prefer Lucida for clarity), and double line spaced, All changes tracked.).
- Academic work for assessment will be dealt with at the proofread and copyedit level only level.
- AnnaProofing accepts no responsibility for the content or final grading of your assignment.
- Students are responsible for ensuring they have permission to use this service from their faculty of their academic body or tutors.
- Under no circumstance will this service complete, or rewrite, academic assignments. Attempts to obtain that kind of service will be reported to the appropriate academic body.
Service Agreements and Deposits
- Please do not send full documents prior to signing and returning the Service Agreement and paying the deposit. Submission of the full manuscript prior to completion of appropriate paperwork by no means obligates AnnaProofing to commence work in any form.
- The quotation and Service Agreement are specific to a named document. Other projects will have to be negotiated separately. All projects are priced individually depending on the work required.
- Commissions of more than ten pages (2500 words) are subject to a deposit of 50% of the quoted price. This is payable once the service agreement has been signed and returned. Once the commission has been completed, the remainder of the payment will be due within 10 days of the invoice date and the commission has been completed. Small projects of ten or fewer pages (up to, but not exceeding 2500 words) are payable upfront and in full.
- Clients understand that they have 10 working days, or up until 48 hours prior to the project commencement (Monday to Friday), from receiving the service agreement to sign it and return it. Failure to sign and return the agreement within the given time will be taken as your intent to cancel and will void any previous negotiations. You will be liable for a cancellation fee of 25% of the project value.
- Payment of the deposit should come no later than 48 hours prior to commencement of work. I accept BACS and PayPal. These details will be provided at the bottom of your quote.
- Expired Service Agreements will not be revived. Negotiation will have to begin again from scratch. AnnaProofing reserves the right to decline renegotiation where appropriate.
- Work will not begin unless both the signed Service Agreement and deposit have been received. should the deposit remain unpaid for ten working days after the agreement has been signed, it will be marked void and you will be liable for a 25% cancellation fee.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that they have paid deposits and signed and submitted all relevant paperwork (including the manuscript) within 48 hours prior to the date of commencement.
- Rescheduling of projects, once the commencement date has passed, is at the discretion of AnnaProofing. Delays will be subject to a £3.00 per day rescheduling fee (10 days maximum).
- In the event of the following conditions, the fee cancellation or rescheduling fee will be waived.
- Illness or injury requiring hospitalisation,
- Bereavement due to death of an immediate family member (parent, child, spouse or sibling),
- Natural disaster.
Payment can be made either by six monthly instalments for projects of over 100,000 words or by the standard 50% deposit/50% balance model.
- Payment of final invoices is due within fourteen days of the completion of the project unless it has been specifically negotiated otherwise.
- If you would like to pay in instalments (maximum 6), this must be included during the initial enquiry, so the Service Agreement can be completed accurately.
- Earlier payment is encouraged.
By signing the Service Agreement, you are indicating that agree to abide by the full terms and conditions therein. Once signed, terms of the Service Agreement are not negotiable>
Instalment payment is subject to fulfilment of all the following conditions:
- A proven track record of prompt payment. This will be in the form of either:
- References from two other editors or
- A successfully completed contract with AnnaProofing.
- The first instalment act as the deposit and is payable upfront.
- Further instalments will be due monthly by the dates specified on the service agreement.
- The maximum number of instalments is six.
- Work for instalment payment will be divided into sections depending on the number of instalments agreed. Each section will commence when payment has been received.
- Late payment of an instalment will result in a late payment fee of £10 per week and the progression of work will cease.
- I will keep you abreast of any problems as they arise.
- I accept Bank Transfers for which details are available on the first quotation.
- I also accept PayPal.
- I do not accept personal cheques.
By signing the Service Agreement, you are indicating that you agree to abide by the full terms and conditions therein. Once signed, the terms of the Service Agreement are not negotiable.