The prices here offer an estimated range per service. Actual prices will depend on the word count and the level and urgency of service required.
These rates are in line with the recommended minimum rates laid down by the SfEP and EFA.
Editorial Freelancer’s Association: Recommended rates.
Last updated: 22 March 2022
These prices offer an average rate only as I use a sliding scale. Prices in the Quick Booking Service are priced from the higher end of that range. Please feel free to contact me for an exact.
Based on a 100,000 word manuscript:
- Developmental Editing £0.014 per word.
- Proofreading £0.028 per word.
- Copyediting £0.026 per word.
- Stylistic Edit £0.013 per word.
- Manuscript Critique £0.0057 per word
- Editor’s Appraisal £0.012 per word.
These rates vary depending on the size of the manuscript.
These rates are fixed and non-negotiable.
- Sample Edits £20.00 (Refunded on the final invoice if you take me on.)
- Time Block (8 hours) £60.00 each (9am to 5pm GMT)
- Time Block (6 hours) £45.00 each (10am to 4pm GMT)
- Time Block (4 hours) £30.00 each (9am to 1pm or 1pm to 5pm GMT)
- Outlining advice £25.00 per 1 hour on Skype or Teams
- Reading and research assistance £20.00 per hour